Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's been a while...

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've posted anything, so I will make this one about the recent happenings in the Durham world.

Recently I started a new job. It has been a fun and exciting new venture. I'm still doing the same thing (Construction Manager in landscape construction), with a different company. It has been challenging because I'm having to delicately wrangle power away from my boss. He's been doing everything on his own for a couple of years now, so he's having a hard time letting go of the operation side of the business. Slowly, but surely we are both making strides towards a really nice partnership. This has the potential to be something special, but at the same time I'm not ruling out other opportunities...especially if that opportunity were to take us out of the oppressive, communist regime of Russiafornia.
At the beginning of November Patti was able to take her and the kids to Arizona to help my parents organize the most massive garage/yard sale in history. I've heard of friends and neighbors doing one big co-op garage/yard sale, but those wouldn't hold a candle to the one at my parents house. There were items that they got rid of from a time when we lived in Texas...keep in mind we moved to Arizona in 1989! There were items that they got rid of that were purchased from HSN and were NEVER opened! We did get some pretty nice swag for Patti's efforts. It was a really nice trip for my family to be with Patti and the kids too.
Matthew is just an amazing little boy. We have recently started potty training him and he is doing GREAT! He has only had a couple of accidents, but for the most part is doing wonderful with it. He's also more and more loving and concerned with his sister. He loves to hold her and sit with her and talk and laugh with her.


A couple of weeks later we all went back out for Thanksgiving. It was a really special time for all of us. Chris flew in from Boston and it was so fun hanging out with my brother and best friend again. He got to meet his new niece and nephew for the first time! To wrap it up we had a few friends that we hadn't seen in a really long time over for some football and my special Carne Asada!
In the meantime we have added a couple of new additions to the family. Liberty and Dubya are our conservative lab pups(7 months). We love them.

Last night we went to Patti's parents house for the Annual Pre-Christmas Awesome Fest. It's a party that her brother Mike and his friend John have been hosting for many years. It is a lot of fun.

Now we're getting ready for Christmas. This is our favorite holiday and time of year. Patti and I have become more and more grateful for God's blessings. He has given us some of the most valuable lessons to learn from this year. He has brought us closer to Him, which in turn has brought us closer together. We have been through(and still are) tough times that have forced us to go deeper with Him than we ever have or knew we could. We couldn't be more happy with the direction that God is leading us. I look forward to growing more in Him and more with my wife.

Merry Christmas from the Durhams! (we say Christmas in this house)

1 comment:

MRMD_GRL said...

I am glad to be in that football crowd to get to meet both of your kids and wife for the first time!! What a treasure of a family you have Don!!